Recruitment is all about attracting (or tracking down), screening, selecting, and on boarding a qualified person for a specific role (job). At more strategic levels it will also involve the development of an employers brand which includes an ‘employee offering’.
Getting the recruitment process right involves:
- Job analysis and developing a person specification
- Sourcing of candidates by networking
- Advertising and promoting the role
- Matching candidates to job requirements and screening individuals using testing (skills or personality assessment)
- Assessment of candidates’ motivations and their fit with organisational requirements through interviews and other assessment techniques.
The recruitment process also includes the making and finalising of job offers and the induction and on boarding of new employees.
Some organisation undertaken this endeavour using their in-house team with managers, human resource generalists and / or recruitment specialists. Alternatively some parts or all of the process might be outsourced to either public sector employment agencies, commercial recruitment agencies or specialist search consultants.
Jobs that businesses are recruiting people for include relationships roles such as business development and digital and marketing skills like inbound marketing or for more physical products promotional products. So there are plenty of roles and markets that recruiters hire in and for.